Creating a video that’s moving, emotive, empowering, interesting and attractive is easier than most people probably think it is. You don’t have to be an experienced movie maker or even particularly good at shooting video footage to make a professional looking presentation – in fact, all you need is a PASSION for whatever your subject will be. So what is it that YOU are passionate about?
STEP 1 – Decide on a mood or emotion for your project.
Do you want it to feel happy, inspiring, funny, silly, sad, poignant, exciting, passionate, lovely, warm, stimulating, euphoric etc.
STEP 2 – Choose music to fit the mood.
Not much stimulates emotion as quickly as music, that’s why it’s often used prominently in movies, advertising, elevators, shopping centers, babies rooms and your car.
STEP 3 – Find or write some quotes/words/poetry that’s meaningful to you.
What simple words might fit with the mood/emotion that dominates your project?
STEP 4 – Take photos, find images or shoot video footage to suit.
If you need inspiration, you might find it useful to do a google image search for the mood/emotion you’ve chosen and see what comes up. Google images inspire me regularly and when I see something I like, it helps me to focus my attention on taking my own original pictures or shooting easy video. While some people are born creative, others can use a little extra help.
Step 6 – Research what’s HOT on YouTube.
I pulled this highly motivational video out to show you how simply it’s been made. With basic video footage, some screenshots and/or still digital photos and it could have easily been compiled on a free video editing program too. There’s nothing fancy going on here yet the intended effect has been achieved.
Words can be added in text on the screen or with a simple voice narration. (If you don’t like the sound of your own voice, get someone else to do the voice over for you). Put it all together and see what you come up with. Take a look at this list of SOME OF THE BEST FREE VIDEO EDITORS if you don’t already have one.
When you’re feeling really good, the right words will come, the right pictures will be obvious, the right people will show up. If this is something you’d like to be able to do yourself – just give it a go – you’ll probably surprise yourself more than you know. Enjoy!
Making your own mini movies on your computer at home is incredibly easy to do, especially if you use Windows Movie Maker … And it comes FREE with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8 and most people have it on their computer already and don’t even know it.
Here’s the best way to
CHECK IF YOU HAVE A MOVIE EDITING PROGRAM
on your computer already.
For now I’ll add a short list of the great things you can do on what has been reported to be the easiest video editor on the market. There are lots of benefits, so I will just list a few of the obvious and maybe not so obvious ones.
Making Mini Movies (with Windows Movie Maker) are a great way to:
- Provide Fun and Entertainment – First of all, they are great fun to make, especially if you have lots of spare time to experiment and play. Also, because they are made in such a simple format they’re easy to make, view, share and are accessible even on your mobile phone or ipod.
- Display Your Family Photos – Mini-Movies are a wonderful way to showcase all those photographs that you have stored away. You are then able to e-mail your mini-movie to family and friends, set it up as a screensaver on your computer or publish it to a social site on the Internet and share it with the world.
- Promote Your Business – When Mini Movie Clips are published to Video sharing sites such as YouTube (which is the most popular video sharing website in the world) its enormous database attracts millions of visitors everyday. So if you have a business or money-making idea you wish to promote, ‘YouYube is your oyster’ and with the massive amount of traffic to this site everyday, the effect that viral marketing has on our world, with some careful keyword selection and planning, anything could happen!
- Keep Your Kids Busy – Who needs to say more!
- Give Yourself A Creative Outlet – There is creative genius inside all of us. Maybe making mini-movies will unleash that creative part inside of you. Because they are quick and easy to produce and with lots of scope to add your individual flair.
- Make A Unique Gift – What a great way to say you care about someone with a personalized Mini-Movie made just for them. Compile photographs, images or home movies along with captions and audio and you’re bound to produce a work of art.
- Edit Your Home Movies Properly – How many home movies do you have stored in their archives? Isn’t it time to resurrect the best parts of them, edit them properly and show them off to other people and at the very least, watch them more often yourself!