Making your own mini movies on your computer at home is incredibly easy to do, especially if you use Windows Movie Maker … And it comes FREE with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8 and most people have it on their computer already and don’t even know it.
Here’s the best way to
CHECK IF YOU HAVE A MOVIE EDITING PROGRAM
on your computer already.
For now I’ll add a short list of the great things you can do on what has been reported to be the easiest video editor on the market. There are lots of benefits, so I will just list a few of the obvious and maybe not so obvious ones.
Making Mini Movies (with Windows Movie Maker) are a great way to:
- Provide Fun and Entertainment – First of all, they are great fun to make, especially if you have lots of spare time to experiment and play. Also, because they are made in such a simple format they’re easy to make, view, share and are accessible even on your mobile phone or ipod.
- Display Your Family Photos – Mini-Movies are a wonderful way to showcase all those photographs that you have stored away. You are then able to e-mail your mini-movie to family and friends, set it up as a screensaver on your computer or publish it to a social site on the Internet and share it with the world.
- Promote Your Business – When Mini Movie Clips are published to Video sharing sites such as YouTube (which is the most popular video sharing website in the world) its enormous database attracts millions of visitors everyday. So if you have a business or money-making idea you wish to promote, ‘YouYube is your oyster’ and with the massive amount of traffic to this site everyday, the effect that viral marketing has on our world, with some careful keyword selection and planning, anything could happen!
- Keep Your Kids Busy – Who needs to say more!
- Give Yourself A Creative Outlet – There is creative genius inside all of us. Maybe making mini-movies will unleash that creative part inside of you. Because they are quick and easy to produce and with lots of scope to add your individual flair.
- Make A Unique Gift – What a great way to say you care about someone with a personalized Mini-Movie made just for them. Compile photographs, images or home movies along with captions and audio and you’re bound to produce a work of art.
- Edit Your Home Movies Properly – How many home movies do you have stored in their archives? Isn’t it time to resurrect the best parts of them, edit them properly and show them off to other people and at the very least, watch them more often yourself!
It’s funny…I have an entire website devoted to making mini movies using Windows Movie Maker including tutorials and fixes for any problems that might occur…then I tried Photo Story.
And that’s really the END of the story, because Photo Story wins hands down.
The main differences are that the pan and zoom effects can be controlled, the automated video feature presets are good enough for a professional finish and it doesn’t crash or freeze like Movie Maker does. It’s a fantastic way to add life, depth and movement to your digital photos. It walks you through the process of adding background music and narrating your own moving slide show. The step-by-step instructions are simply excellent.
Photo Story is free to download from the Microsoft website, provided you have a valid copy of Windows…and it’s so simple to use my 9 year old daughter introduced me to it. The help program is easy to access and answers all the questions you could ask.
Well, I won’t need to make any tutorials or create a new website for Photo Story…at this point, I can’t fault it!
YouTube has officially launched YouTube Remixer, a new service that allows users to edit their videos and mini-movies from inside YouTube itself.
With this new feature (powered by Adobe Premiere Express), you can insert images, text and audio as well as overlays and transitions or maybe just remix your own videos (a handy function for those who upload video from their mobile phone). It lets you assemble your new video in an easy drag-and-drop timeline, and then publish it right back to YouTube leaving your original videos intact.
This isn’t anything close to the creative tool of Windows Movie Maker, but it is another option for the occasional YouTube users. The new remixer is fairly simple to use and it will certainly keep people on the site longer.
If you would like to give it a try, click the “Try Remixer” button to get started
In Windows Movie Maker, you can choose the default duration time for images and photographs, that is applied to each picture when it is added to the story board. This can be done from the menu Tools>>Options>>Advanced. You can also specify the duration time for a new transition in the same dialog tab.